# 035 Shopping center:
North County FestivalStreet address:
10845 W. Florissant
Title: Loss Prevention Associate
Reports To: Loss Prevention Market Manager
Status: Hourly Full-time or Part-time/Non-Exempt
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest family footwear retailers, offering a broad assortment of moderately priced dress, casual and athletic footwear for men, women and children. We offer customers “A Surprise in Store” by providing a fun and surprising shopping experience. Start your career on the right foot! Experience what it is like to be a part of the Shoe Carnival team.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Loss Prevention Market Manager and the General Manager, the Loss Prevention Associate is responsible for providing a physical presence at the store entrance to deter theft of company property, extending physical presence to the sales floor as needed, responding to electronic article surveillance (EAS) alarm activations and customer service.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides a visible security presence in the front of the store
- Monitors and prevents external theft
- Monitors and prevents internal theft
- Conducts regular in-store training for store associates effectively promoting safety, security and acceptable loss prevention interaction
- Attends store meetings as directed by management
- Ensures safety procedures are followed
- Promptly forwards all outside correspondence regarding customer accidents, shoplifter arrests, and employee theft arrests to the Market Loss Prevention Manager, who advises the Loss Prevention Regional Manager
- Coordinates Loss Prevention Responsibilities
- Follows company policies, procedures and practices, including management direction
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Criminal justice education, loss prevention or security experience preferred
- Ability to work flexible work schedules including nights, weekends and holidays
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program provides eligible associates with highly competitive benefits, including the following:
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee & Family Discounts
Full-time associates may be eligible for additional benefits, including the following: Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Leave), Comprehensive Health Benefits, Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life and Aflac), Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment for qualified associates, and Relocation Opportunities.
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO